Wednesday 13 June 2012

Zig Zags

I've been having a bit of a work-wear-buying-bonanza recently, trying to find things that are smart but not totally boring! My placement in Paris is looming and I don't fancy being sneered at by those oh-so-chic Parisians as I bumble around looking utterly lost sporting un-ironed dresses and cardigans with missing buttons! Obviously I've been busy sewing up all the holes and replacing buttons on my current clothes, but my dress selection was looking alltogether rather uninspiring or completely unsuitable for a 'sophisticated' intern. Hence the new dresses from my #1 Fave: People Tree.

I'm totally enamoured with People Tree at the moment. It is without doubt my favourite ethical company, and seems to be slightly more fashion-led than some of the others. I've been astounded by the quality of every item I've ordered so far. You know when you feel a fabric and it just feels, well, luxurious? That's what you get - none of this flimsy throwaway Primark nonsense.

This little number is still available on the website, in the Outlet section, an absolute total bargain at £18.75 (reduced from £75!). That is the same price as your average Primark dress, so there are no excuses not to buy ethically!

Cheesey lovey-dovey alert: forget-me-nots handed to my boyfriend/patient photographer - he had better not forget me whilst I'm away! haha.

I was informed the other day that people in France tend not to wear too much colour so perhaps I'll tone down the tights when I first arrive...

Sadie xxx

20 comments:

Ella Masters said...

you look absolutely adorable in the first photo, that is such a bargain i love the dress,wow you are going to paris? what is the placement? sounds really exciting :) xx

floral and feather said...

Lovely dress! Great bargain - gave up on the Primark rubbish a while ago! x

Lucie said...

cute outfit :)

www.thecoffeeshake.blogspot.com

Ladies in Navy said...

so cute! you look great in this pattern and love the glasses.
kw, ladiesinnavy

Alice said...

I love People Tree and that dress actually looks much better seen like this than on the website!

Hayley said...

omg some lovely dresses, im so tempted by a few! (even tho theyre a bargain i cant spend any money on new clothes at the min cos im out of work *sadface*).

Unknown said...

love the colored tights!

Xo,
steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

Such a cute post. I love it.

Katie said...

Soo exciting that you're going to Paris soon! Me and Carrie will have to come and visit :) A cute dress with a blazer is such a good smart, but interesting/fun look, i love it!

Vanessa, Take only Memories said...

Super cute dress! You look lovely!

Unknown said...

Oh my, what a bargain! Such a fantastic dress, I love it :)
Good luck with your placement :)

Karys x
whoisgrumblebeard.blogspot.co.uk

Laila said...

I love the dress, and thanks for the link to the People Tree site. I'm trying to look into ethical companies at the moment (currently am charity/ vintage only) - there are lots of tempting dresses on there!

Laila x

little henry lee said...

ahh, i'm jealous that you'll be working in paris! a dream come true. and i'll have to check out people tree now, i've not heard of it before.

little henry lee

Harry Pothead said...

"£18.75 (reduced from £75!)"

Wow, a bargain-tastic, let me see....*furrows brows*....£56.25 knocked off! Such a scoop deserves a cash register sound... *ker-CHINGGG!*

The tights look superb to me; can't imagine anyone of a reasonable disposition having some silly issue with them - I'd say, "rock the red with confidence"!

If for some reason you don't feel quite Parisian enough [though of course just being you is what really matters], you could comfortably pull this look off :)

PS If I were a lady, I'd be very impressed by my bloke by 1) handing me a forget-me-not' at such a parting of ways, and 2) being able to identify it in the 1st place!! He's probably just as anxious you don't forget *him*!

Sarah P said...

I lurrrrve People Tree! This dress is amazing too - I may have to invest :)
So glad I've found your blog! It's fab <3

xx

Harry Pothead said...

Psst, if you're looking for any text books, I know a place where you just might be able to get them for 99p! As long as you don't strictly demand the latest spanking new addition, that is :)

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/ALEXTHEFATDAWG?_trksid=p4340.l2563

Don't be put off by the bolshy/chavvy sounding name - the service is top drawer, and max postage is 10 quid, no matter how many books are bought, or how big/heavy they are! I ended up with enough books to fill two boxes big enough to cause a little huffin' and puffin'...

delicate diaries said...

Hello!! Long time.. your blog is as lovely as ever, wish I could keep up!! x

Macha said...

pretty pictures here!
pretty dress and i love your glasses!!
xx

http://highlybeloved.blogspot.fr/

Anya Sinta said...

hi Sadie.. i always adore ur style n photos :)

http://sadieswardrobe.blogspot.com/

Earendil said...

mmh, don't worry about the Parisians: many people living in Paris don't come from Paris AND wear colourful tights ;)