Thursday 25 April 2013

Paris Ethical Shopping Guide: Hippy Market


I stumbled upon Hippy Market when getting rather desperately lost on my way to a vintage fair, and I'm glad I did. I knew there must be some sort of shop like this somewhere, so it was great to finally locate one - it's the sort of vintage shop where everything is neatly organised by theme, has a general price scheme, and where skirts and dresses come pre-shortened. A bit like COW vintage in England, I suppose.

I like how they decided to make '100% ethique, 100% récyclé' a selling point, too. Which it is! Along with the trendy merchandising, a clever little room just for menswear and a corner entirely dedicated to leopard print.

Definitely worth a visit, and it's very close to Hotel de Ville, so you can even throw in some touristy bits at the end of your shop for good measure!


There are actually two Hippy Markets in Paris (and in other big French cities)...

Addresses:

21 rue du Temple
75004 le Marais

3 rue de Turbigo
75001 Paris

Sadie xxx

4 comments:

Paprika said...

Ooh this looks interesting, I'd love to have a rummage through all those racks, can't wait till my own Paris trip!xx

sweet harvest moon said...

Thank you for sharing! I'm going to Paris next week...

Corinne said...

That place looks lovely.

What are you doing in Paris on your year abroad? I did my year aboard in Metz as an English Assistant in a highschool/sixform, it was fun times and I went to Paris LOADS as it was just 2 hours away on the train.

Corinne x

Sadie's Wardrobe said...

I'm doing an internship :). I have a few friends who are teaching assistants this year, sounds very rewarding!

Your comment reminded me that I probably ought to go out exploring to other French cities whilst I'm here! x